Doha, January 25 (QNA) - HE Prime Minister and Minister of Interior Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al-Thani chaired the Cabinet's regular meeting held on Wednesday morning at its seat at the Amiri Diwan.
Following the meeting, HE Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs issued the following statement: At the outset of the meeting, the Cabinet renewed the State of Qatar's strong condemnation and denunciation of the Swedish authorities' permission to an extremist to burn a copy of the Holly Quran in front of the Turkish Embassy in Stockholm, and the Dutch authorities' permission to another extremist to tear a copy of the Holly Quran in The Hague.
The Cabinet stressed that such disgraceful acts and heinous crimes committed under the pretext of freedom of expression, are inconsistent with values, morals, civilized behavior, and the duty to respect the others' beliefs and sanctities; provoke the feelings of millions of Muslims around the world; and fuel hatred, extremism and strife at a time the world is in a dire need of spreading the spirits of tolerance, brotherhood and peaceful coexistence among countries and nations.
The Council warned that allowing these repeated provocative criminal acts undermines the efforts of the international community to spread the values of tolerance and coexistence among nations and peoples, and jeopardizes the future of dialogue and rapprochement between followers of faiths and cultures, and of mutual respect between them.
Stressing the seriousness of such reprehensible and irresponsible practices, and their negative repercussions on international peace and security, the Council calls on the international community to play its role in taking the necessary measures and legislation to ensure respect for faiths, criminalize infringement of their sanctity, and stop the unjustified wave of fanaticism, hatred and extremism against Islam and Muslims in some countries.
Furthermore, the Cabinet considered the topics on its agenda as follows:
1. The Cabinet was briefed on the Shura Council's approval of a draft law on documentation.
2. Approval of Minister of Public Health's draft decision on updating data and specifications of health insurance cards.
3. Approval of Minister of Public Health's draft decision on amending some of the provisions of Decision 17 of 2022 on health insurance premium of health care services for visitors.
4. Approval of draft memorandum of understanding in the field of civil aviation between Qatar Civil Aviation Authority and Libyan Civil Aviation Authority.
5. The Cabinet considered a draft Council of Ministers decision to establish the National Advisory Committee for the Health Insurance System and set its terms of reference, and took the appropriate decision thereon.
6. The Cabinet considered the draft national strategy for promoting good values and morals among children and youth in the State of Qatar, and took the appropriate decision thereon.