13 June 2022

Fifty Civilians Killed in Burkina Faso

  • BURKINAFASO

Ouagadougou, June 13 (QNA) - At least 50 civilians were killed last week in armed attacks targeting the village of Sitenga, north of Burkina Faso.
Government spokesman in Burkina Faso Lionel Bilgo said, "The army has so far found 50 bodies" after the village of Seytenga was attacked overnight Saturday, Bilgo said, adding that the toll "may rise." Bilgo considered that these attacks were the result of reprisals for what the army had done against the armed elements, as it was performing its duty.
The Burkinabe army has been facing armed groups for years, who often target farmers and shepherds, rob them of their property and then flee. (QNA)

Keywords

General, International
X
Cookies help us improve your website experience.
By using our website, you agree to our use of cookies.
Confirm