Doha, August 17 (QNA) - HE Prime Minister and Minister of Interior Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al-Thani chaired the Cabinet's regular meeting held at its seat at the Amiri Diwan on Wednesday.
Following the meeting, HE Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs Mohammed bin Abdullah Al Sulaiti issued the following statement:
At the beginning of the meeting, the Cabinet welcomed the signing of the Doha Peace Agreement on Aug. 8, 2022, by the Chadian parties and the participation of politico-military movements in the national, inclusive, and sovereign dialogue in Chad, under the auspices of the State of Qatar, which came as a culmination of the negotiations it hosted during the past five months, with regional and international participation.
The Cabinet affirmed that this historic agreement establishes a new phase in Chad and opens the doors of peace, stability and prosperity to its people.
The Cabinet expressed the State of Qatar's keenness and support for the success of the national dialogue in the Chadian capital, N'Djamena, with the participation of all parties, to achieve inclusive national reconciliation.
The Cabinet renewed the State of Qatar's condemnation and denunciation of the continuing Israeli attacks on the brotherly Palestinian people in addition to the killing, repression, intimidation, arrest campaigns, home demolitions, continued settlement expansion in the occupied Palestinian territories and flagrant violations of human rights principles and international law under the eyes of the international community.
The Cabinet affirmed that the repressive and brutal Israeli practices and the settlers' storming of Al-Aqsa Mosque under the protection of the occupation forces would undermine the chances of achieving peace, eliminate the two-state solution and escalate the tension in the region.
The Cabinet calls on the international community to intensify efforts and work hard to implement the resolutions of international legitimacy, force Israel to immediately stop its aggressive practices against the Palestinian people and acknowledge all his legitimate rights, foremost of which is his right to establish his independent state with full sovereignty over all of its lands occupied in 1967, with East Jerusalem as its capital.
After that, the Cabinet considered the topics on the agenda as follows:
First - Approval of:
1. Accession to the Protocol Relating to the Madrid Agreement Concerning the International Registration of Marks.
2. A draft Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for cooperation in the agricultural field between the Ministry of Municipality in the State of Qatar and the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock in the Republic of El Salvador.
3. A draft Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for cooperation in the field of youth and sports between the Ministry of Sports and Youth in the State of Qatar and the Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sports of the Republic of Kosovo.
Second - The Cabinet reviewed the following issues and took the appropriate decision:
1. The results of the Qatari-Spanish Business Forum.
2. The results of the work of the eighth session of the Qatari-Iranian Joint Committee.
3. The results of the High-level Segment (HLS) of the meetings of the Conferences of the Parties (COPs) to the Basel, Rotterdam, and Stockholm (BRS) Conventions (BRS Triple COP).
4. The results of the participation in the fifth session of the UN Environment Assembly, and the commemoration of the 50th Anniversary of the creation of the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP).