21 December 2022

Lebanese Health Minister Lauds Medical Aids Provided by Qatar and Its Charities

  • QNA Images
  • QNA Images

Beirut, December 21 (QNA) - Minister of Public Health in the Lebanese caretaker government Dr. Firas Al Abiad voiced appreciation of the support provided by the State of Qatar and its charities to Lebanon, especially in relation to the health sector.
This came in a press conference, during which Dr. Al Abiad announced receiving medical assistance to the Lebanese ministries of Interior and Public Health, funded by Qatar Charity (QC) and executed by Qatar Red Crescent Society (QRCS) with a total value of QR 3.65 million, in continuation of the assistance provided in support of the Lebanese health sector in facing the current economic challenges.
The grant consisted chronic diseases medications, including 11 categories that are most in need, according to the Ministry. 70% of these medicines are allocated for free distribution to patients in 240 primary health care centres, while the remaining 30% are allocated for the Ministry of Interior and Municipalities for distribution to pharmacies of the Internal Security Forces (ISF).
Lebanon's Health Minister pointed out that the medical grant comes as a continuation of the ongoing support provided the State of Qatar to Lebanon, especially to projects related to the health sector, referring to the important and numerous programs implemented by QRCS in Lebanon, the latest of which was the cooperation to provide drinking water to the Lebanese as well as refugees in Arsal and other regions.
For his part, the Director General of the ISF Major General Imad Othman extended thanks to the Qatari Embassy in Lebanon , QC and QRCS for the assistance underscoring its significance in the provision of medical services to over 150 thousand beneficiaries from the ISF personnel and their families, as well as retirees.
Head of QRCS mission in Lebanon Dr. Mohamed Al Sousi said that the grant affirms keenness to support the health sector in Lebanon.
Emergency and Relief Department at Qatar Charity Khaled Al Yafei stated that the assistance comes in the framework of QC's attention to the health sector. (QNA)


General, Qatar, Beirut, Public Health, Lebanon
Cookies help us improve your website experience.
By using our website, you agree to our use of cookies.